Online Estate items may be sold in an auction format or with set pricing.
- We organize and process the sale contents by grouping the auction items into lots. A lot might be one item or a selection of similar or complementary items.
- Then we photograph the lots, sometimes taking multiple pictures as applicable.
- V.E.C. writes descriptions of the item lots. We're sure to include measurements and manufacturer/publisher/artist where appropriate.
- The estate lots are then posted for bidding or purchase.
- Customers view the online sale content and bid for or buy what they want.
- After the sale ends, customers arrange a pickup time. V.E.C. manages pickup logistics and payment processing.
Online Estate Sales are Appropriate For:
- Sparsely furnished properties with few items.
- Collections that appeal to collectors and not the general public. These might include jewelry, comic books, musical instruments, or art.
- Homes that are still occupied where an onsite sale would be disruptive.
- Homes located within gated communities where public sales are not allowed.
- Properties that are remotely located and do not have sufficient population density or traffic.